Oh no, my hops are out.
(video is NSFW, and not likely to make sense if you’ve never rolled a D20)
Be aggressive – no subtlety, only immediacy. I’m making as much as I think me and my Humulovore compatriots can polish off while there’s still enough myrcene in it to clog a sinus. Base malt only – say hi to your C60 for me, aiight? Capricious mash hopping, waxy drops of hop extract, one big late addition for 83% or so of the total IBUs, a dry hop supernova. Those third-gen 1217 cells had to have known this batch was coming for a while – that it was their only way out.
Target OG: 1.078
- 100% Maris Otter
- 152°F for 75 minutes, 170°F for 10 minutes
- Mosaic – mash hop during the sacch’ rest at a rate of 7 grams/gallon of mash volume (or, for my friends with metric – roughly 1.75 grams per liter … I’m trying)
- Hop extract at 60′ to 12 IBU
- Blend of Citra, Galaxy, Simcoe, and EXP 5256 at 5′ to a collective 60 IBU
- Chill to 65°F, O2, and pitch with Wyeast 1217 harvested from previous batch
- At near-complete attenuation, dry hop with a blend of Galaxy, Simcoe, and EXP 5256 at a total rate of 28 grams/gallon (or, for my friends with metric – roughly 7 grams per liter … I’m trying)
- Fine, rack, crash cool, carb, get murderous on purpose.