Brainhurter Russian Imperial Stout
Target OG: 1.092
- 72% CMC Pale Malt
- 6% Flaked barley
- 6% Simpsons Black Malt
- 6% Simpsons Roast Barley
- 3% Simpsons Medium Crystal Malt
- 2% Dingemans Special B
- 5% Turbinado Sugar (add to boil)
Infusion mash with sacch’ rest at 154F, mashout at 170F.
- Bittering charge: Apollo (whole, 17% aa) to 50 IBU
- 5 minute charge: Centennial (whole, homegrown, assuming 9% aa) to 30 IBU
- US-05 (2nd generation), pitch at 68F and free rise to 72-73F.
From notes: “Pitch on 2-pack cake from Amber Ale primary; fermentation almost instant: watched krausen rise in real time, blowoff in ~6 hrs.” SG 1.012 after primary, 1.010 at packaging. Burly …